Edwin J. Kelley, Jr.
Edwin concentrates in public finance, tax, commercial transactions, real estate and commercial lending. His experience includes representation of Local Development Corporations, Industrial Development Agencies, cities, counties, school districts and other municipalities as bond counsel; serving as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, bank counsel and counsel for hospitals and universities in taxable and tax-exempt bond financings; representation of municipal bond issuers, universities and hospitals on post-issuance matters such as Internal Revenue Service audits, arbitrage rebate and continuing disclosure; representation of developers in retail, industrial and office development; representation of lending institutions in a variety of credit facilities; and representation of businesses in obtaining tax abatement and other economic development incentives.
Honors and Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2017, Public Finance Law (listed for 5 years)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Banking and Finance Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2016®, Government Finance
- New York State Bar Association, Tax-Exempt Bond Committee
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Order of the Coif
- Executive Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- 2012 Post Standard Community Achievement Award
- Board Member, Aurora of Central New York, Inc.
- Board Member, Burton Blatt Institute at Syracuse University
- Board Member, St. Joseph’s College of Nursing
- Board Member, YMCA of Greater Syracuse