Jeffrey F. Allen
Jeff has extensive experience in providing commercial litigation services to clients in a wide range of industries, including industrial manufacturing, waste management, materials design, website development and internet marketing, equipment distribution and service, entertainment, and cosmetic and pharmaceutical development. On behalf of these clients, in both state and federal court, Jeff has litigated claims involving business torts, contract breaches, intellectual property infringement, trade secret misappropriation, shareholder disputes, property disputes, zoning violations, and defamation.
In addition to Jeff’s commercial litigation experience, he represents and advises clients in employment matters. Jeff has litigated employment disputes involving wrongful termination, discrimination, whistle-blower and retaliation claims, unemployment insurance benefits, and breaches of fiduciary duties. He has handled matters before the New York State Division of Human Rights, the EEOC, and the California Personnel Board. Jeff lectures on topics including workplace investigations and drug policies, and advises companies on personnel policies.
Prior to joining Bond, Jeff practiced law in California for 15 years, where he founded Allen Law Group, LLP, in the Silicon Valley, and later a litigation boutique in Los Angeles.
- Lead counsel for defendant waste management company in 2-month trial in Connecticut Superior Court in which plaintiff sought over $10 million in damages for alleged misappropriation of trade secrets, tortious interference, conspiracy, breach of contract, and unfair competition. Judgment dismissed all claims against defendant.
- Lead counsel for plaintiffs in multi-week jury trial in New York State Supreme Court that alleged claims of tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duties, and misappropriation of trade secrets.The case settled with plaintiffs receiving nearly $1 million.
- Lead counsel for defendant Fortune 500 company in 4-week trial in California Superior Court in which plaintiff sought over $5 million in damages for alleged fraud and breach of contract. Judgment dismissed all claims in favor of defendant.
- Lead counsel for plaintiff cellular device distributor in 2-week binding arbitration that alleged tortious interference and misappropriation of trade secrets.Plaintiff awarded over $750,000.
- Obtained summary judgment for defendant digital imaging company which dismissed all claims of federal trademark infringement and unfair competition.
- Negotiated settlement of over $100,000 in favor of not-for-profit company in an action against its former CEO.
Honors and Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Los Angeles Magazine Rising Stars - Top Young Attorneys, 2009, 2010, 2011
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- "Franchise Issues - Exclusivity of Territory," INQUIRY, The Journal of Health Care Organization, Provision, and Financing, Spring 1999