John H. Callahan
John chairs the firm’s litigation department, which includes 48 attorneys located throughout the firm’s nine offices in New York State and one in Naples, Florida. The department’s deep bench of litigation attorneys prepares each case for a successful resolution regardless of whether it is tried to a verdict before a jury or judge, won on a dispositive motion, arbitrated or mediated.
As a trial attorney, John has spent his entire 34 year legal career at the firm, where he has achieved extensive experience and success in civil litigation and alternative dispute resolution, while representing product manufacturers, service businesses, insurance companies and brokers, construction companies, colleges and universities and individuals in both Federal and State Courts, as well as administrative agencies.
John’s versatility and skill as a litigator has been acknowledged by his peers, as demonstrated by the recognition from The Best Lawyers in America for the past several years in the categories of Personal Injury, Commercial and Labor & Employment Litigation.
Honors and Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2016, Commercial Litigation; Litigation - Labor and Employment; Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- New York Super Lawyers 2015®, Personal Injury General: Defense
- New York State Bar Association, Trial Lawyers Section; Torts, Insurance and Negligence Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Member Grievance Committee
- Albany Law Review, Staff Member, 1979-1980; Notes Editor, 1980-1981
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Omicron Delta Kappa