Richard G. Kass
Richard has practiced exclusively in the field of labor and employment law on behalf of management for more than 25 years. He represents a wide range of employers in such industries as civil engineering, printing, manufacturing, retail, catering and education. His practice encompasses all aspects of labor and employment law, in both the private and public sectors.
In addition to defending employers in litigation, engaging in collective bargaining and counseling clients on a variety of workplace issues, Richard has trained hundreds of managers and supervisors in preventing workplace harassment. Bar associations and management groups have asked him to lecture on such topics as employee discipline, wage and hour regulations, the investigation of alleged workplace misconduct and the drafting and enforcement of noncompetition agreements. Richard has extensive experience conducting investigations into complaints of sexual harassment and discrimination in the workplace. He teaches Employment Discrimination Law at Hofstra Law School.
Honors and Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2016®, Employment & Labor
- New York State Bar Association
- Queens County Bar Association
- Articles Editor, Harvard Civil Rights and Civil Liberties Law Review
- Employee Handbooks for Charter Schools, NYC Charter School Center, 3/15/17
- Legislative and Legal Update, Charter School Risk Management Round Table, 3/2/17
- Early Retirement Incentives and the Law, Clear Law Institute Webinar, 6/17/16
- Avoiding Liability by Conducting Proper Employee Investigations, Bond In-House Counsel CLE Series, 12/11/14
- Early Retirement Incentives: Navigating the Legal Issues, Lorman Education Services, 8/7/14
- "Early Retirement Incentives and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act," Hofstra Labor Law Journal