William is a registered patent attorney. His practice covers the full range of intellectual property law including patent, trademark, copyright, agreements and licensing. William works in advanced technologies such as nanotechnology, microfluidics, optics, lasers, medical devices, ophthalmic surgery and apparatus, imaging systems, semiconductor devices, biodynamics, photonics, telecommunications, software, business architecture and e-commerce. He works with clients to develop a patent strategy aligned to business goals and objectives and particularly working with entrepreneurial start-ups and university spin-outs to secure foundation IP and freedom to operate opinions. In this regard, William helps to identify people and resources for launching and funding new companies.
William is a member and serves on the management committee of the Seed Capital Fund of Central New York (www.scfcny.com).
William was law clerk to Chief Judge Michael A. Telesca of the Western District of New York.
Honors and Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2014, Litigation - Patent; Patent Law; Trademark Law
- Florida Photonics Cluster
- Rochester Regional Photonics Cluster
- Industry Advisory Group, Cornell Center for Technology Enterprise and Commercialization
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Tompkins County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Rochester Intellectual Property Law Association, Corresponding Secretary, 2002-2003
- Tompkins County Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors, 2006-2011