Trust and Estate Paralegal
Date: April 12, 2022
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC, a full-service law firm of 275 attorneys with 15 offices that are located across New York State, as well as in Boston, Kansas City, FL and NJ, is seeking a full-time Trust and Estate Paralegal to support our Trust and Estate Department in our Naples, Florida location.
- Assisting with all phases of estate and trust administration
- Prepare pleadings to file with the court to initiate an estate proceeding and for ongoing estate administration
- Monitor and maintain the estate administration and trust administration
- Monitor the estate and trust accounts, including the payment of monthly expenses for an estate or trust
- Gather information regarding the assets and debts of an estate and/or trust
- Marshalling and transfer of assets
- Gather information needed for preparation of tax returns required for an estate and trust administration and initial preparation of related tax returns
- Preparation of estate/trust accountings
- eFiling of documents in various counties
- Obtains work assignments from attorneys in their office or assigned department
- Conducts investigations, engages legal research, develops pleadings, prepares correspondence or documents for attorneys review
- Contacts court administration and regulatory bodies as needed to fulfill job assignment
- Maintains annual billable hours as set by the Firm
- Performs other duties, projects and assignments as needed to support the Firm
- Must be an independent, proactive, organized and diligent worker and able to work with minimal direction
- Must be able to respond quickly and positively to shifting demands and opportunities
- Must be able to multi-task and handle voluminous workflow, work under tight deadlines, balance multiple, detailed tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately
- Must be able to create positive working relationships and effectively communicate with all parties in the transaction
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must possess excellent writing and verbal skills
- Must be detailed oriented and be able to prioritize daily tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with tax and estate administration software programs a plus
- Minimum of 2 years of trust and estate related experience, including a background in trusts and estates and probate, with a law firm or in-house legal department (Required)
- Minimum of 2 years of college, Paralegal Certificate or equivalent work experience (Preferred).
At Bond, exceptional work product and a collegial work environment are cornerstones of our success. We are committed to the communities in which we live and work. Bond has long recognized the value, both to its team and to our communities, of active participation in and support of charitable, governmental, professional and community- based organizations. We are an EEO employer.
Bond’s offer of employment are contingent on:
- Completion of a satisfactory conflicts check
- Completion of a satisfactory background check
- Providing proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a valid exemption under Florida law
We are an EEO Employer. In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, please note that all newly hired personnel must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment.