Jeffrey Powers to Present a Complimentary Two-Part Chamber Counsel Program
January 29 & February 5, 2019
Presented by Bond attorney Jeffrey Powers
Part One: Capturing the Value of Your Inventive Efforts
January 29, 2019
- Learn to identify protectable inventions
- Know types of protection – utility patents, design patents, and trade secrets
- Maximize the scope of your rights
Attending Part 1 is not a prerequisite to attending part 2.
Part Two: Navigating IP Waters From Brainstorming to Finished Product
February 5, 2019
- Be certain you own what you think you own - understand legal concerns when assembling your team
- Does you global patent strategy match your business strategy?
- Prepare to face the competition - identifying and managing risk related to competitors’ IP
Bond's Rochester Office - 350 Linden Oaks, Third Floor, Rochester, NY 14625
7:30 – 7:45 a.m. Registration / light breakfast
7:45 - 9 a.m. Program with Q&A option
Complimentary for all (Rochester Chamber members will be given priority access)
Chamber Counsel is a new series focused on how to enhance the growth of small to mid-size businesses through informed analysis and management of legal issues. In each session, an expert attorney who has seen a “worst case scenario” will educate our small business attendees on an important legal topic that is essential to the future of their organization. Potential topics could include, but not limited to: protecting your idea from the start; how to manage the hiring/departure of employees subject to restrictive covenants; how to assess the adequacy of your insurance coverage in light of your business risks; and effective methods of addressing workplace harassment/discrimination, and more. This is a great opportunity for small to mid-size companies to attend and learn how to be prepared and take steps now to avoid high legal bills down the road.
This special series is open to all employers. However, space is limited and Rochester Chamber members will be given priority access. Registration is required.