The Business of Higher Education Complimentary Webinar Series
January 22, February 26, March 26, and April 30, 2018
Every higher education institution has a complex set of challenges. To address these, we have developed a webinar series. Topics will include sustainability, leadership, financial challenges, investments and future actions.
From January through April, please join us on the fourth Monday of each month for a thought provoking roundtable discussion that will stimulate critical thinking.
This webinar series is designed for any business leader in higher education.
Each webinar will award attendees 1 CPE credit.
• John Null, Shareholder, Schneider Downs Higher Education Practice Unit Leader
• Stephen Donato, Co-Chair, Business Restructuring, Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy Group, Bond, Schoeneck & King
• Dr. Lou Marcoccia, Schneider Downs Strategic Higher Education Services and former CFO of Syracuse University
• Staci Brogan, Shareholder, Schneider Downs Higher Education Services
• John Bellardini, Strategic Consultant, Schneider Downs Meridian Services
Webinar One Free Registration Click Here
The Business of Higher Education - Sustainability
January 22, 2018 from 2 - 3 p.m.
With fewer potential traditional college bound students, the “business” of Higher Education is dealing with many dynamic challenges - governance, enrollment, cost, technology and financial health to name a few. Developing a clear sense of the issues and the impact on your institution will be critical in order to navigate the changing market.
Schneider Downs and Bond will provide a thought provoking discussion of the following topics:
• Sustainability - financial goals, health, and objectives
• Market - changing demographics, preparedness, and success rates
• Market strategies - students, touch points, frequency, and educational offerings
• Board of Trustees - role, responsibility, and sense for economic issues
• Survivability - critical challenges that should be understood in developing a strategy to sustainability
Webinar Two Free Registration Click Here
The Business of Higher Education: Strategic Planning - The Leadership
February 26, 2018 from 2 - 3 p.m.
Leading a Higher Education institution is no simple task. There are many passionate people involved and one is never short on being offered a different perspective. A key to success is to have clearly defined roles and responsibilities at all levels. The board of trustees, president, cabinet and faculty are each major centers of influence that must understand their role, responsibility and accountability. It is essential for leaders to correlate economic trends, changing market dynamics, and empirical data to determine the impact on an institution’s mission and vision.
Schneider Downs and Bond will lead a thought provoking discussion of the following topics:
• Leadership - faculty, cabinet and board of trustees - what works
• Communication - challenges, motives, and methods to improve
• Data Access and Measurement - how, what and when
• Best process considerations - strategic planning, financial and operational
Webinar Three Free Registration Click Here
The Business of Higher Education: Return on Investment
March 26, 2018 from 2 - 3 p.m.
Can an educational “brand” be positioned to leverage technology, provide a cost benefit in a reasonable relationship to gainful employment? How does an institution enable success and embrace a culture that reflects a passion for its mission?
The cost/value proposition of Higher Education is being challenged relative to the return on investment. Changing technology is fast impacting cost, flexibility and community relative to Higher Education. Questions related to return on investments can be answered through a thoughtful decision-making process that incorporates the question “what is the return on investment?”
Schneider Downs and Bond will discuss the following topics:
• Pricing Structure - tuition, resets and discount rates - why does education cost so much
• Competition - yesterday, today and tomorrow - changing education models
• Brand - awareness, quality, and value
• Leadership - ideas on positioning and transitioning by trustees, cabinet and faculty
Webinar Four Free Registration Click Here
The Business of Higher Education: Sustainability, Leadership, Assessment & Action
April 30, 2018 from 2 - 3 p.m.
As a capstone to the prior webinars, we must evaluate the entire package. Higher Education requires synchronized understanding of what it takes to be financially sustainable, as well as leadership that exudes a passion for the mission and vision of the institution, and provides a strong value proposition for its students. When all three are aligned, great things can happen. However, the method of delivery is changing: brick and mortar versus technology, return on investment correlated to employment, and institutional financial health versus debt structure. Where does an institution go? What strategic planning process will yield the desired outcomes while continuing to serve an institution’s mission?
Schneider Downs and Bond will capstone the thoughts and ideas on actions to be considered and what type of support may be required to attain a sustainable Higher Education model.
To learn about any of Schneider Downs exciting educational events, visit http://www.schneiderdowns.com/events
Feel free to send this invitation to anyone who you believe would benefit from this webinar series.