E. Katherine Hajjar to Present at Employment Law Alliance Webinar
May 23, 2016
Ensuring That Your Institution’s Website is ADA-Compliant: Key Issues for U.S. Colleges and Universities
Local Start Times
3:00 - 4:30 p.m. EDT
2:00 - 3:30 p.m. CDT
1:00 - 2:30 p.m. MDT
12:00 - 1:30 p.m. PDT
9:00 - 10:30 a.m. HAST
The accessibility of electronic and information technology to disabled individuals has been a question facing colleges and universities for years. The Rehabilitation Act, amended in 1998, includes Section 508, which requires federal agencies and departments to consider their end-user when developing, procuring, maintaining, or using electronic and information technology.
This free 60-minute webinar, presented by the Higher Education Council of the Employment Law Alliance, will address the current state of the law with regard to making technology accessible to individuals with disabilities, the implications for your institution, and how you can protect your institution from claims from employees, students, and visitors. The speakers will provide practical insight and guidance on the following:
- Section 508’s applicability to colleges and universities.
- The Assistive Technology Act and its impact on compliance requirements.
- Higher education’s duty to provide access to technology under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Overview of, and complying with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)
- What you need to know and do in providing electronic and information technology access to disabled individuals.
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Outside Counsel to Colleges and Universities
- Provosts/Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs
- Academic Deans and Presidents
- Human Resources Professionals
- Information technology leaders tasked with compliance efforts
E. Katherine (Kate) Hajjar, Moderator, Bond, Schoeneck & King, New York, NY
Siddharth (Sid) Bose, Ice Miller, Indianapolis, IN
Megan Farrell, Hirschfeld Kraemer, San Francisco, CA