Howard Miller to Present at Touro Law Center CLE Program
April 4, 2013
By: Howard M. Miller
Touro Law Center, 225 Eastview Drive, Central Islip, NY 11722
8:30 a.m. - Noon
Journal of Race, Gender, and Ethnicity: Title IX and Sex Discrimination in the Education and Sports Settings
Topics will include:
- Title IX as a remedy for sexual harassment in the public school setting and measures schools can take to ensure compliance with the statute.
- Student on student harassment and staff on student harassment, liability for retaliation and for failing to conduct a proper investigation of a complaint.
- The applicability of Title IX to intercollegiate and interscholastic sports, including effective accommodation and equal treatment claims.
The Program will be Hosted by:
- Howard M. Miller, Esq. is a partner at Bond, Schoeneck & King, PLLC. Mr. Miller practices in the areas of labor and employment law and frequently lectures on topics such as constitutional law and various aspects of employment discrimination and education law.
- Adam Kleinberg, Esq., ’00 is a partner at Sokoloff Stern LLP and practices in the areas of employment and education law. He has served as counsel to municipalities, school districts, police departments, private corporations and non-profit entities in civil rights and employment law matters throughout New York State.
- Mark Radi, Esq. is an associate at Sokoloff Stern LLP. Mr. Radi practices in the areas of federal court litigation, civil rights actions, employment discrimination, First Amendment retaliation, and claims against law enforcement officers and agencies.
- Connee Zotos, Ph.D. is a Clinical Associate Professor of Sports Management at New York University where she teaches College Sports Operations, Amateur Sports Governance, Sports Facility Management, and Human Resource Management. She is a prolific writer and speaker in the areas of coaches' employment and compensation systems, creating tiered athletics program models, coach evaluation, and Title IX.