HR Update and Hot Topics Seminar
October 11, 2011
8 - 8:15 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:15 - 10 a.m.
How to Navigate a Charge of Discrimination at the SDHR and EEOC
- Overview of the SDHR & EEOC administrative processes
- Conducting post-charge internal investigations
- Best practices to minimize risk of further litigation
10 - 10:15 am
10:15 - 11:30 a.m.
Untangling the Complex Web of Employee Misclassification Issues
- Independent contractors vs. employees
- Exempt vs. Non-exempt employees
- Recent State and Federal Government initiatives
- State and Federal enforcement procedures
11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Employment Law Update
- Overview of significant court decisions
- State and Federal legislative and regulatory developments
12:30 - 1:30 p.m.
Networking Lunch and Chapter President's Report
HRCI Recertification Credit: This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute.
Presented by Thomas G. Eron and Larry P. Malfitano