Jeremy Oczek to Present at Defending Yourself Against Online Patent Trolls Webcast
June 27, 2013
By: Jeremy P. Oczek
The Knowledge Congress Legal Series:
Defending Yourself against Online Patent Trolls in 2013
Noon - 2 p.m. (ET)
Who Should Attend?
- Patent Litigators
- In-House Counsel likely for technology-based industry
- Patent Licensing Attorneys
- IP Attorneys & Related Consultants
- IP and Copyright Consultants
- Other Related Professionals
This is a must attend for anyone interested in learning the best practices in defending online patent trolls.
- Detailed guidance explained by the most qualified key leaders & experts
- Hear directly from experienced practitioners & thought leaders
- Interact directly with panel during Q&A
Get updated, know the best practices and mitigate the risk! Click the “Register” button below today and be in-the-know! Significant discounts await early birds.
Recently, technology-based companies have paid out huge sums to online “Patent Trolls”. However companies have been offered a glimmer of hope particularly after hearing recent court decision regarding Soverain Software LLC v. Newegg Inc., where the courts reversed awards to patent trolls offering a significant victory for the plaintiffs.
In this live webcast, we will explore and examine court’s decision on Soverain Software LLC v. Newegg Inc. and similar cases along with their impact on the industry. Our panel of key thought leaders and practitioners will also share their best practices and strategies in dealing and defending online patent trolls and winning the case. Their discussion will also include key issues, such as:
- Online Patent Troll Cases and its impact on Patent Law
- Strategies to Minimize Threat of Patent Troll
- Steps to Take Once Accused of Infringement
- Online Patent and Intellectual Property Protection
- Up-to-the-minute regulatory changes
This two-hour program will also include Q&A session in which the attendees will be invited to ask the speakers questions.
Course Level: Intermediate
Method Of Presentation: Group-Based-Internet
Developer: The Knowledge Group, LLC
Recommended CLE/CPE Hours: 1.75 - 2.0
Advance Preparation: Print and review course materials
Course Code: 134445
NASBA Field of Study: Specialized Knw and Apps - 2.00 credit hours
Course Fee: $199 - $249 (Early Bird Discounted Rate - on or before 06/18/2013)
$299 - $349 (Regular Rate - registration after 06/18/2013)
$149 (Government / Nonprofit Rate)
The Knowledge Congress is a series of live webcasts produced by The Knowledge Group, LLC, which examine trends, regulatory, and technology changes across a variety of industries. "We bring together the world's leading authorities and industry participants through informative two-hour webinars to study the impact of changing regulations."