Labor and Employment Law Breakfast Briefing: New Legal Challenges to Hiring Practices
April 29, 2015
8 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 10 a.m.
Hiring procedures are increasingly a source of litigation and legal exposure for employers. And, the situation is getting worse. New sophisticated legal challenges have emerged that require renewed attention to the hiring process.
This program will focus on:
- The recent surge in multi-million dollar class action lawsuits facing employers under the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Implications of the “Ban the Box” movement across New York State
- NY Attorney General’s focus on criminal record discrimination in hiring
- Unique compliance challenges with online employment applications
- Best practices for applicant interviews
- Avoiding liability while selecting the best qualified, most competent employees
Registration Fees (per person)
Bond Clients: $40; Other Invitees: $50
HRCI Recertification Credit
This program has been submitted to the HR Certification Institute.
This seminar is intended for the invited guests of Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC, who reserves the right to deny admission to any applicant.