Labor and Employment Law Breakfast Briefing: Workplace Violence - Preventing and Responding to the Unthinkable
April 4, 2016
For employers, the threat of workplace violence is an unfortunate reality. Headlines recounting acts of violence in the workplace have become a regular occurrence. Each year, nearly 2 million American workers report having been victims of workplace violence. Our Spring Breakfast Briefing will take an in-depth look at the problem and discuss strategies for preventing and responding to violence in the workplace. This program will focus on:
- Identifying the causes of workplace violence
- Examining the impact an incident of violence can have on the workplace
- Reviewing the legal landscape addressing workplace violence, including the New York State Workplace Violence Prevention Law and the Occupational Safety and Health Act
- Providing guidance on developing an action plan to address workplace violence
- Identifying the potentially violent employee
- Discussing best practices for responding to an incident of violence in the workplace
8 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 10 a.m.
Registration Fees Per Person
Bond Clients: $40; Other Invitees: $50
This seminar series is intended for the invited guests of Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC. Bond reserves the right to deny admission to any registrant.
1.5 General HRCI Credits
1.5 SHRM PDCs