Webinar: Employee Remuneration in Africa and the Middle East - Challenges and Opportunities for Employers
July 27, 2016
Employment Law Alliance Free 90-minute Webinar
Local Starting Times
2 - 3:30 p.m. London Time
4 - 5:30 p.m. EAT
5 - 6:30 p.m. GST
9 - 10:30 a.m. U.S. EDT
8 - 9:30 a.m. U.S. CDT
Employers and employees alike are facing myriad challenges at their work places with regard to remuneration and benefits. For employers with operations across the globe, the challenges are even greater as they work to comply with local laws regardless of where their employees are located. This webinar features experienced lawyers from Africa and the Middle East, who will examine the differences among jurisdictional laws and offer practical insight, guidance, and best practices into how employers can address the following key issues:
- To what extent are employers bound to honour fixed bonuses and other emoluments, especially when they are not satisfied with an employee’s performance?
- Should a director accept such bonuses when the company is in financial strain?
- What is the effect of receivership on employees?
- In the International Arena, to what extent can an employer claim diplomatic immunity in a labour law situation?
- Is it discrimination to offer expats different benefits from those accorded to local employees?
Who Should Attend?
The webinar is an invitation-only event exclusively for clients of ELA member law firms. The information presented will be of particular interest to:
- In-house Counsel
- Human Resources Professionals
- Corporate Executives and Business Owners
Sonal Sejpal, Moderator, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
Mary Ekemezie, Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie, Lagos, Nigeria
Sara Khoja, Clyde & Co., Dubai, UAE
Rachel Mwanje Musoke, MMAKS Advocates, Kampala, Uganda
Rosa Nduati-Mutero, Anjarwalla & Khanna, Nairobi, Kenya
Mohamed Oulkhouir, CWA Morocco, Casablanca, Morocco