Alek is a registered patent attorney and of counsel to the firm.
He has extensive experience in the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in areas that include the chemical, chemical engineering, materials science, semiconductor device/process technology, magnetic read/write head technology, automotive control technology, industrial catalyst, food science and biomedical analytical arts.
Alek has also provided oversight of foreign associates for international prosecution of patent applications. In addition, he has also researched and drafted patent legal opinions in the organic polymer and industrial catalyst fields.
Prior to becoming a patent attorney, Alek was employed in industry in scientific, engineering and administrative positions.
Honors & Affiliations
- Dutchess County Bar Association
- Eastern New York Intellectual Property Law Association, President, 1998-2000
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- National Association of Patent Practitioners
- American Chemical Society
- Sigma Xi
- "From the Test Tube to the Dinner Table in Record Time: Liberalizing Effects on Domestic and International Regulatory Frameworks for Controlled Environmental Introduction of Genetically Engineered Agricultural Organisms," 2 Dick. J. Envtl. L. & Poly 177, 1993.
- Horstmann et al., "Electrostatic Dissipative Vacuum Pencil," 30 IBM Tech. Disc. Bull. 62, 1987.
- Kohrs et al., "Automated Method for Measuring and Counting Particulate Contamination," 27 IBM Tech. Disc. Bull. 6181, 1984.
- Roger W. Lange and Alek P. Szecsy, "Primed Inorganic Surfaces Overcoated With Curable Protective Compositions," U.S. Patent Nos. 4,356,233 & 4,396,650.