Barry has an extensive environmental practice involving federal and state regulatory compliance and enforcement matters with a particular emphasis on brownfields development, remediation of sites impacted by petroleum and hazardous wastes/substances, claims under federal and state Superfund provisions and environmental regulatory issues associated with mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to concentrating his practice in environmental law, Barry practiced in the area of construction law, addressing a range of construction management issues for owners, contractors and subcontractors.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Environmental Law (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers' 2012 Syracuse Environmental Law Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- 2013 Top Rated Lawyer in Energy, Environmental, and Land Use Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Environmental (listed for more than 10 years)
- Who’s Who Legal: Environment 2015
- New York State Bar Association, Chair, Environmental and Energy Law Section, June 1, 2010-May 31, 2011; Co-Chair, Committee on Continuing Legal Education, 1989-2002; Section Delegate to NYSBA House of Delegates, 2001-2003; New York State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education Committee Plaque in recognition of CLE efforts for the Environmental Law Section, January 2003
- Board Member, NYS Indoor Environmental Quality Center, Inc., 2000-2007
- Central New York Chapter of the American Subcontractors Association Co-Counsel, 1983-1984
- Program Co-Chair, RCRA Update: A Bedrock Federal and State Environmental Program that Continues to Evolve, New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Section, April 13, 2017
- Program Co-Chair, New York State Bar Association Environmental Law Section 2017 Annual Meeting, January 26-27, 2017