Brian represents clients in complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts as well as in arbitration.
Brian handles a wide variety of matters for clients including contract disputes, securities litigation, FINRA (formerly NASD and NYSE) arbitrations, intellectual property, employment, insurance coverage and construction disputes.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Commercial Litigation
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Business Litigation
- New York State Bar Association, Past Member Executive Committee, Trial Lawyers Section; Federal and Commercial Litigation Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Trustee Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association and CLE Co-Chair
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Bond, Schoeneck & King's In-House Counsel CLE Series: Defensibly Downsizing Your Data, February 27, 2014
- Brian J. Butler, Suzanne M. Messer and Clifford G. Tsan, "E-Discovery and Information Management - Can Clicking "Like" Make or Break a Lawsuit?," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, April 2016
- Trustee, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association