Brian is a trial attorney who has represented school districts in a variety of matters, including employment disputes, student discipline, athletic eligibility, civil rights and commercial disputes.
He has appeared on behalf of school districts in both federal and state courts as well as before the Commissioner of Education and the New York State Public High School Athletic Association.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian clerked for the Hon. Frederick J. Scullin, Jr., U.S. District Court Northern District of New York.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Commercial Litigation
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Business Litigation
- New York State Bar Association, Past Member Executive Committee, Trial Lawyers Section; Federal and Commercial Litigation Section
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Past Member, Board of Directors
- Trustee Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association and CLE Co-Chair
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Bond, Schoeneck & King's In-House Counsel CLE Series: Defensibly Downsizing Your Data, February 27, 2014
- Brian J. Butler, Suzanne M. Messer and Clifford G. Tsan, "E-Discovery and Information Management - Can Clicking "Like" Make or Break a Lawsuit?," Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal, April 2016
- Trustee, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association
- Co-Chair, CLE Committee, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association