Caitlin uses her experience in governmental and regulatory affairs to assist a diverse range of clients navigating the complex grid of New York state government to ensure their voices are heard.
Caitlin provides legislative representation to trade groups proposing or opposing the passage of legislation by the New York State Legislature and action by the governor. Additionally, she works with private businesses, advocating for and counseling them, through state administrative hearings.
Navigating New York’s government has only become more challenging throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, but Caitlin has been there for clients every step of the way. Throughout this unprecedented public health emergency, Caitlin has closely monitored rapidly changing executive orders and guidance, providing timely and effective counsel to her clients. She has advocated to state officials to allow clients to remain open or reopen. She continutes to disseminate and interpret the deluge of regulatory documents—including executive orders, reopening guidance documents, State Liquor Authority requirements and travel advisory mandates—for many of the firm’s clients. Caitlin provides Albany and New York state updates during the Bond’s weekly Coronavirus webinar as well as presents at numerous trade and association webinars on this topic.
Honors & Affiliations
- Albany County Bar Association
- Election Law Graduate Research Fellow, College of William and Mary School of Law
- Law Review, College of William and Mary School of Law
- Order of the Coif, College of William and Mary School of Law
- Phi Beta Kappa, Elmira College
- Coronavirus Update and Discussion on Legal and Practical Issues, Update From Albany, Bond Weekly Webinar, May - July 2020
- Coronavirus Updates, New York State Auto Dealers Association, Weekly Webinar, April - July 2020
- COVID-19 Updates, New York State Brewers Association, April 2, 2020; June 5, 2020; June 11, 2020; June 24, 2020
- The 411 for the 518: Reopening the Capital Region, Bond Webinar, Part I - May 21, 2020; Part II - June 3, 2020
- Leveraging Tax Benefits for Not-for-Profits: Information for Clubs of the New York State West Youth Soccer Association, April 17, 2020
- The CARES Act: Information for Clubs of the New York State West Youth Soccer Association, April 10, 2020
- GDPR, California Consumer Protection Act and NY Shield Act, APA NYS Capital Region Chapter Meeting, September 19, 2019
- Quoted in "Businesses Plan Reopening Strategy After Shutdown," News10, May 6, 2020
- Quoted in "Don’t Get Your Hopes Up About May 15. What it Really Means for NY Coronavirus Shutdown," Syracuse.com, May 4, 2020
- Quoted in "NY’s Coronavirus Face Mask Order: What Qualifies as a Mask, Who Has to Wear Them and When," Syracuse.com, April 15, 2020
- "Rethink Plan for Redistricting Board," TimesUnion, March 18, 2019
- League of Women Voters, Albany County
- League of Women Voters, Rensselaer County