Charles practices in the areas of business law and commercial litigation.
He focuses his practice on financial oriented litigation including business valuation, shareholder disputes, securities litigation and the representation of accountants and attorneys in professional liability matters.
Charles regularly represents professionals in litigation before tribunals, regulatory bodies and disciplinary committees. He also regularly represents municipalities and their employees in the defense of civil rights claims including alleged police misconduct. Charles also maintains a practice in sports law and regularly counsels amateur and professional athletes.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Civil Rights Law; Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants; Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs; Professional Malpractice Law - Defendants; Professional Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs (listed for more than 5 years)
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Civil Rights Law Lawyer of the Year, 2021
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Legal Malpractice Law - Defendants Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Civil Rights Law Lawyer of the Year, 2018
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Legal Malpractice - Plaintiffs Lawyer of the Year, 2016
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Legal Malpractice – Defendants Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- Business First of Buffalo, Legal Elite of WNY 2015
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Business Litigation
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Erie County Bar Association
- Advisory Council, Buffalo Niagara Sports Commission
- Past-President, State University of New York Alumni Association, 2005-07