As a Board Certified Wills, Trusts and Estates Attorney and Board Certified Tax Attorney, Curtis helps clients meet their estate planning goals.
Using advanced tax planning strategies, he seeks to minimize the income and estate tax effects of estate planning transfers. Curtis also assists fiduciaries comply with estate and trust administration requirements to avoid unnecessary administration delays, and to protect against various legal challenges.
He assists beneficiaries with claims where a trustee or personal representative breaches their fiduciary and statutory duties. Curtis is a Certified Public Accountant.
Areas of Concentration
- Representing clients in trust and estate planning matters transforming each client’s wishes into an optimal plan by addressing each beneficiary’s needs and maximizing the use of available tax benefits.
- Advising clients on available alternatives to maximize the current or testamentary use of estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax exemptions
- Advising clients on various charitable planning techniques to meet charitable goals while maximizing the current or testamentary use of available exemptions and deductions
- Assisting clients with Florida trust and estate administration to address the important tasks required under Florida law
- Representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in various trust and estate litigation matters.
- Representing clients in federal and state tax controversies.