Dennis is of counsel to the firm and has practiced labor and employment law since 1977, both in private practice and as in-house counsel.
His practice focuses on advising and representing employers in the litigation of employment discrimination and workplace harassment disputes; restrictive covenant and other unfair competition matters; wage and hour matters, including class action litigation and federal and state administrative investigations and audits; mediation and other alternative dispute resolution proceedings; grievance arbitrations; representation, unfair labor practice, and other proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board; and collective bargaining.
Dennis also counsels employers on employment law and problem employee issues with an emphasis on problem-solving and litigation avoidance; drafts and reviews employment and separation agreements; prepares employment policies and manuals; and conducts employee and supervisory training, all in a variety of industries.
Dennis engages in a variety of professional and community service activities. He has been an adjunct professor at St. John's Law School, and over the years has been an instructor at the New York University School of Continuing Education, a lecturer for the Practising Law Institute, and a panelist for numerous programs sponsored by bar associations and professional organizations.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Labor Law - Management (listed for more than 5 years)
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Top-Rated Lawyer in Labor & Employment Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2020®, Employment & Labor
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section; Employee Rights and Responsibilities Committee
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section Management Co-Chair, Workplace Rights and Responsibilities Committee; CLE Committee; and past Secretary
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Law Lawyers
- New York Management Attorneys Conference
- The Status of the "Joint Employer" Standard Expansion and Potential Implications: Redefining the Relationship Between Franchisees and Franchisors as well as Redefining Who the Employer/Employee Is, American Conference Institute National Forum on Labor-Management Relations, October 27-28, 2015
- Lecturer, Practising Law Institute
- Co-Author, 2019 Chambers USA Regional Employment Guide, New York Chapter
- Quoted in "Four outcomes possible following today’s Brady hearing," The Boston Globe, March 2, 2016
- Quoted in "Did Judge Berman rule correctly in Tom Brady case?," The Boston Globe, February 29, 2016
- President, New York Chapter, Girard College Alumni Association
- Past President, New York Chapter and National Delegate, Boston College Law School Alumni Association