Edward handles a broad array of construction and commercial disputes in state and federal trial and appellate courts. A large portion of his practice is dedicated to litigating construction disputes, land use/planning and zoning, and constitutional rights claims.
Edward has represented over 50 public owners in all aspects of construction-related matters, including colleges, school districts, hospitals, not-for-profit entities and other public and private entities. In the last 10 years, he has counseled clients in connection with numerous construction projects the value of which collectively exceed $1 billion. Edward has lectured and published on a variety of topics, including trial practice, construction law and subrogation law.
- Allied Builders, Inc. v. Greece Central School District: Summary judgment in favor of the Greece Central School District arising out of $14 million dollar school construction contract.
- Eastman Kodak Company v. LSW Industries, Inc.: Summary judgment in favor of Eastman Kodak Company arising out a multi-million dollar contract dispute.
- East Coast Electric v. Livonia Central School District: Favorable outcome for Livonia Central School District in construction claim litigation; Plaintiff withdrew its case at conclusion of jury trial.
- Clarke v. Town of Penfield and YMCA: Successfully defeated challenge to Penfield Planning Board's decision to permit construction of new Penfield YMCA facility.
- Giorgi v. Diocese of Rochester: Favorable decision on behalf of the Diocese of Rochester permitting reconstruction of Diocesan Cathedral.
- Alexander Central School District v. Sear Brown Inc.: Successful settlement after litigation in claim against architect for professional negligence.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Commercial Litigation; Construction Law; Litigation - Construction (listed for 10 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Rochester-NY Construction Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Rochester-NY Litigation - Construction Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2013 Rochester-NY Construction Law Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers USA 2020, Litigation: General Commercial
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Business Litigation (listed for 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association
- New York Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Rochester Business Journal, 2004 Forty Under 40
- Daily Record, Leaders in the Law Award, 2014
- Irish American Cultural Institute, Rochester Chapter's, 2014 Eoin McKiernan Achievement Award
- "You Can Do It All: Deliver sophisticated services while creating a culture the market demands," New York Law Journal, May 9, 2016
- Past President, Seton Catholic School Foundation
- Past President, Board of Directors, Literacy Volunteers of Rochester
- Past President, Board of Directors, Norman Howard School
- Trustee, Max and Marian Farash Foundation
- Board of Directors, Community Child Care Center
- Board of Directors, E2NY
- Board of Directors, Education Success Network
- Board of Directors, Haitian Health Foundation, Norwich, Conn., Jeremie, Haiti
- Board of Directors, House of Mercy
- Board of Directors, Volunteer Legal Services Project
- Board of Directors, YMCA of Greater Rochester