Emma concentrates her practice on complex estate planning and wealth preservation, estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer tax planning, and estate and trust administration.
She works closely with her clients to create estate plans that protect assets and minimize taxes, while achieving personalized family goals, including the preservation of wealth for the next generation.
Florida tax and federal tax law:
- Assisted numerous clients with domicile planning to achieve state income tax and estate tax benefits.
- Counseled clients in establishing an estate plan structured to reduce or eliminate federal estate tax.
- Assisted in the administration and preparation of advanced planning techniques, including the termination of multiple grantor retained annuity trusts for a family resulting in a transfer of approximately $40 million of wealth to the family, free from federal gift and estate tax.
Dynasty Trust creation and law(s):
- Preparation of numerous Dynasty trust to protect assets for future generations and reduce or eliminate federal estate tax.
- Assisted clients in the modification of irrevocable Dynasty Trusts to better provide for their intent or to take advantage of changing tax laws.
- Assisted in the preparation of estate plan strategies to strategically apply clients’ generation-skipping transfer tax exemptions to benefit future generations.
Honors & Affiliations
- Collier County Bar Association, Chair, Trusts and Estates Section
- Collier County Women's Bar Association, Director
- Associate Articles Editor, the American Bar Association Real Property, Trust and Estate Law Section
- Boys and Girls Club of Collier County, Young Professionals Award, 2019
- Co-chair, The Boys & Girls Club of Collier County’s Friends Circle
- Member, Naples Junior Women’s Club