Erika provides advice to her clients on matters associated with tax structuring alternatives and risks which are critical to their financial well-being.
Erika is an experienced tax associate with a demonstrated history of advising both for-profit and not-for-profit entities on a wide range of tax and corporate matters including mergers and acquisitions, commercial financing, tax credit eligibility and complex joint ventures. She assists clients in navigating tax risks in each stage of investment.
Within her scope of tax work, Erika drafts and negotiates complex partnership agreements, stock and asset purchase agreements and financing transactions. She has represented clients in various tax disputes with New York State and the Internal Revenue Service. She also advises sponsor entities in partnership flip transactions for investment tax credits and low-income housing tax credits.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2019®, Upstate New York Rising Star, Tax
- Anti-Trust Concerns in the Healthcare Industry to NY Association on Independent Living, November 21, 2019
- Tax Cuts and Jobs Act – 199A to NYS Society of CPAs (Adirondack, Mid-Hudson & Syracuse Chapters), November 20, 2019
- Understanding the “Opportunity” in Opportunity Zones to Wilmington Trust and M&T, July 30, 2019
- Maximizing Tax Deferral Opportunities With Qualified Opportunity Zones, Greater Syracuse Chapter, New York State Commercial Association of Realtors, Inc., March 27, 2019
- Tax Cuts & Job Act: Where Are We Now?, NY Association of Towns Annual Meeting, February 19, 2019
- Partnership Audit Rules, Federal Taxation Update 2018, New York State Society of CPAs - Adirondack Chapter, November 1, 2018
- In-depth on the 199A Pass-Through Deduction, Federal Taxation Update 2018, New York State Society of CPAs - Adirondack Chapter, November 1, 2018
- Tax Cuts & Jobs Act: Does the 20% Pass-Through Deduction Benefit You and How?, September 25, 2018
- Which Business Choice-of-Entity is Right for You Under the New Tax Law?, Lakeside Farms, September 12, 2018