Ingrid has over 20 years’ experience practicing business restructuring, creditors' rights, bankruptcy, commercial litigation, and general business law.
She has both a local and national practice representing debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, banking institutions and investment firms in a broad range of transactions, including out-of-court workouts, foreclosure actions, bankruptcy proceedings, commercial litigation and asset acquisition. Ingrid represents creditors in both state and federal litigation; advises commercial construction clients on their fiduciary rights and responsibilities under various lien laws; and assists individuals in preserving their rights in bankruptcy cases. She is a frequent speaker on both bankruptcy and foreclosure issues and publishes on both topics.
Previously, Ingrid was the Confidential Law Clerk to Hon. John C. Ninfo, II of the Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of New York and was a United States Attorney General Honor's Program attorney in the United States Trustee's Office for the Eastern District of New York.
- Reorganization of a large Central New York hospital.
- Advice to healthcare organizations on financial restructuring.
- Advice to commercial construction companies regarding lien law and collection matters.
- Restructuring and foreclosing real estate projects, including ski resorts, apartment buildings, golf courses and shopping centers.
- Representation of multi-national corporations in all United States bankruptcy matters.
- Representation of both secured and unsecured creditors’ committees in bankruptcies throughout the United States.
- Defense of complex bankruptcy litigation concerning preferential transfers and fraudulent conveyances.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association
- Monroe County Bar Association, Business Law Section; Lawyers for Learning
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Central New York Bankruptcy Committee
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Monroe County Bankruptcy Committee
- Small Business Council
- Turnaround Management Association
- Note Editor, Western New England Law Review
- Select Evidentiary Issues for the Bankruptcy Practitioner, Thirteenth Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference, June 3, 2016
- Acquiring a Distressed Company (or at Least Its Assets), Mergers and Acquisitions Seminar, Business Law Section, Monroe County Bar Association, June 23, 2015
- Secured Creditor Remedies, 12th Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference, May 8, 2015
- Commencement of a Chapter 11 Bankruptcy from A Debtor’s Perspective, Tenth Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference, June 21, 2013
- Springing Guaranteed, Election of Remedies and Multi-State CRE Loan Enforcement, 38th Annual Banking Law Seminar, Business Law Section, Monroe County Bar Association, June 14, 2012
- Acquiring a Distressed Company, Mergers and Acquisitions Seminar, Business Law Section, Monroe County Bar Association, November 15, 2011
- Commercial Loan Workouts in a Troubled Economy, 37th Annual Banking Law Seminar, Business Law Section, Monroe County Bar Association, June 2, 2011
- Liquidating Chapter 11s. How to Decide Whether to Sell Pursuant to 11 U.S.C. §363 or Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code, 7th Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference, Monroe County Bar Association and Erie Institute of Law, May 14, 2010
- Ethics Panel, Panelist, 6th Annual Western New York Bankruptcy Conference, Monroe County Bar Association and Erie Institute of Law Genesee Country Village and Museum, May 15, 2009
- "Experienced Attorneys Make a Big Difference in Creditor’s Rights Cases, in Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Law 2015: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year," 89 Thomson Reuters/Aspatore 2015
- "The Changing Face of Bankruptcy Law, in Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Law 201: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year," Thomson Reuters/Aspatore 2014
- The $1 Million Women's Education Club
- United Way Women’s Leadership Council
- School Board, St. Joseph School Penfield, Chair Finance Committee
- Penfield Strikers, Team Manager