Jim is a valued partner and trusted advisor to owner-executives, decision-makers, high net-worth individuals and others needing help with business and real estate legal matters.
His objective is to deliver to Bond clients unfaltering legal advice, counsel and high-quality work product. Jim achieves this by fully understanding each client's goals, expectations, values and concerns, gathering and processing relevant information, identifying possible decision options and finally implementing the client’s directives.
For many clients, Jim serves as their "Outside, In-House Counsel" due to his sagacity, judgment and broad experience with many divergent legal issues. He is approachable, professional and believes that every encounter is one in which he can learn, assist others and expand his networks, references and experiences.
Jim’s clients are often risk-taking capitalists intent on high returns. They tend to be people who, like Jim, value quality, loyalty, fairness and commitment in their business relationships.
Jim’s substantive transactional experience includes:
- commercial real estate sales and purchases (office buildings, raw land, retail, commercial, multi-family and mixed use)
- institutional and private money secured lending and financing (mortgages, UCC Article 9 asset-based lending, 1031 exchanges, operating loans, factoring, governmental loans and letters of credit)
- real estate development (condominium and homeowner association formation and operations)
- loan restructurings, workouts and distressed property deals
- mergers, acquisitions and asset sales and
- business and venture entity formation and governance
- strategic and investment alliances
- construction contract and lien law
Honors & Affiliations
- Florida Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections
- New York State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Collier County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Seller's counsel and closing agent for the personal and real property asset sale of a national franchisee’s multiple “quick service” restaurant locations.
- Seller’s counsel and closing agent for personal and real property asset sale of 84 wet slip/420 dry slip marina.
- Developer's counsel for the pre-eminent mixed use retail/residential project in North Naples, managing condominium unit sales, commercial leasing, construction lien issues and condominium association governance matters.
- Owner/operator’s counsel for negotiation of multiple commercial leases – free standing, shopping center, office and mixed-use.
- Institutional lender's counsel for commercial term loans, construction loans and operating revolving lines of credit collateralized by mortgages, security interests, collateral assignments and guarantees.
- Seller's counsel for the personal and real property asset sale of an operating RV park including the sale by a related entity of its real property.
- Real property investment counsel for the purchase, development and sale of improved and unimproved land.
- Buyer's and seller’s counsel in equity-based mergers and acquisitions.
- Principal's counsel for deal-specific limited liability company, corporate, partnership and joint venture agreements, involving rights, authority and limitations for management, capital contributions, distributions, preferences, priorities, buy-sell and equity transfers.
- Developer's counsel for luxury condominium towers developments, including association formation and governance, state and federal, statutory and regulatory compliance and unit condominium sales.
- Entrepreneur’s counsel for start-ups, including choice of entity considerations, management and governance issues, succession planning and third-party contracting.
- Buyer's and seller’s counsel for luxury residential properties.
- Management's counsel for executive and employee contracts and severance.
- Secured creditor’s counsel in bankruptcy, insolvency and lien enforcement matters.
- Rotary District 6960, Club President of the Year, 2011
- Rotary International - Paul Harris Fellow
- The Foundation of the Rotary Club of Bonita Springs, Board Member, President, 2015-present
- The Rotary Club of Bonita Springs, Inc., President, 2010-2011
- Florida Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
- Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR)
- Title Insurance Agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund/Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce
- Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board, 2012-2013
- Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council, Inc., Board of Directors (Founding Officer), 2011-2014
- Children's Advocacy Center of Collier County, Board Member, 2016-present
- Naples Therapeutic Riding Center, Secretary
- Bonita Springs Assistance Office, Inc., Secretary, 2008-2010; Board of Directors, 2003-2010
- Leadership Collier, Class of 2016
- Leadership Bonita, Class of 2003
- Green Bay Packers, Inc. Shareholder