Jim focuses his corporate law practice on helping for-profit and non-profit companies with comprehensive business needs, such as mergers, acquisitions, sales through asset or equity transfers, restructurings, joint ventures/strategic alliances, takeovers, and other corporate business transactions. He works with well-established organizations and startups, steering the negotiation and drafting of business entity organizational documents and transaction documents, including buy-sell agreements, shareholder agreements, operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, merger agreements, joint venture and strategic alliance agreements, commercial transaction documents, license and distribution agreements.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law, 2021-2022
- Naples Illustrated Top Lawyers® 2020, Corporate Law
- Florida Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Sections
- New York State Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Collier County Bar Association, Real Estate Section
- Seller's counsel and closing agent for the personal and real property asset sale of a national franchisee’s multiple “quick service” restaurant locations.
- Seller’s counsel and closing agent for personal and real property asset sale of 84 wet slip/420 dry slip marina.
- Developer's counsel for the pre-eminent mixed use retail/residential project in North Naples, managing condominium unit sales, commercial leasing, construction lien issues and condominium association governance matters.
- Owner/operator’s counsel for negotiation of multiple commercial leases – free standing, shopping center, office and mixed-use.
- Institutional lender's counsel for commercial term loans, construction loans and operating revolving lines of credit collateralized by mortgages, security interests, collateral assignments and guarantees.
- Seller's counsel for the personal and real property asset sale of an operating RV park including the sale by a related entity of its real property.
- Real property investment counsel for the purchase, development and sale of improved and unimproved land.
- Buyer's and seller’s counsel in equity-based mergers and acquisitions.
- Principal's counsel for deal-specific limited liability company, corporate, partnership and joint venture agreements, involving rights, authority and limitations for management, capital contributions, distributions, preferences, priorities, buy-sell and equity transfers.
- Developer's counsel for luxury condominium towers developments, including association formation and governance, state and federal, statutory and regulatory compliance and unit condominium sales.
- Entrepreneur’s counsel for start-ups, including choice of entity considerations, management and governance issues, succession planning and third-party contracting.
- Buyer's and seller’s counsel for luxury residential properties.
- Management's counsel for executive and employee contracts and severance.
- Secured creditor’s counsel in bankruptcy, insolvency and lien enforcement matters.
- Rotary District 6960, Club President of the Year, 2011
- Rotary International - Paul Harris Fellow
- The Foundation of the Rotary Club of Bonita Springs, Board Member, President, 2015-present
- The Rotary Club of Bonita Springs, Inc., President, 2010-2011
- Florida Licensed Real Estate Sales Associate
- Naples Area Board of Realtors (NABOR)
- Title Insurance Agent for Attorneys’ Title Insurance Fund/Old Republic National Title Insurance Company
- Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce
- Bonita Springs Area Chamber of Commerce, Chairman of the Board, 2012-2013
- Bonita Springs Estero Economic Development Council, Inc., Board of Directors (Founding Officer), 2011-2014
- Children's Advocacy Center of Collier County, Board Member, 2016-present
- Naples Therapeutic Riding Center, Secretary
- Bonita Springs Assistance Office, Inc., Secretary, 2008-2010; Board of Directors, 2003-2010
- Leadership Collier, Class of 2016
- Leadership Bonita, Class of 2003
- Green Bay Packers, Inc. Shareholder