Jim is a trust and estate attorney whose practice has focused on trust and estate planning and administration for over 30 years.
He has advised clients regarding the full range of sophisticated estate planning issues and techniques along with the business and related tax issues which frequently are part of sophisticated plans. Jim’s practice concentrates on planning for high net worth clients and frequently involves ownership and management succession planning for owners of closely held businesses. He serves as counsel to several large family offices.
In addition, Jim has substantial experience representing beneficiaries in litigated trust disputes.
Jim is a past chair of the firm's trust and estate department.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Trusts and Estates (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers' 2019 Syracuse Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2017 Syracuse Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers' 2012 Syracuse Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2018®, Estate and Probate (listed for more than 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association, Past Chair, Estates and Surrogate's Court Committee, 1996-2000
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel
- Director, Onondaga Community College Foundation
- Past President, Alzheimer's Association of Central New York
- Past Director and Chair, Planned Giving Committee, MOST Foundation