Kate is a business adviser whose legal and business experience enables her to understand how a legal matter relates to the business goals of her clients, to anticipate potential problems and to strategize and implement workable, creative solutions.
Kate works with businesses of various sizes and concentrates her practice in a wide range of business matters. Kate also works with distressed businesses regarding business restructuring, bankruptcy matters, and asset sales. Kate’s primary responsibilities are contract drafting and review, including complex contracts. In this area she handles:
- Mergers and Acquisitions, including performing due diligence reviews and drafting letters of intent, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, bankruptcy asset purchase agreements, and ancillary documents related to closing of the transaction
- Operating agreements
- Software and SaaS agreements
- Supply agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Buy-sell and other shareholder agreements
- Stock redemption and transfer agreements
- Master services agreements
- Social media influencer agreements
Kate’s work also includes corporation and limited liability company formation and dissolution; corporate governance (such as drafting of minutes and resolutions); antitrust matters, including Hart Scott Rodino Act filings; contract disputes (including drafting of demand letters); business succession planning; and providing advice on general business matters.
Honors & Affiliations
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Associate Notes Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- New York State Pro Bono Scholar Program
- Pro bono volunteer at Vera House’s “Talk to a lawyer” clinic
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- CNY Women’s Bar Association
- Has worked on a variety of asset and stock sales ranging in value from less than $50 Thousand Dollars to over $200 Million Dollars.
- Lead business associate on a matter where our client purchased multiple companies both in the U.S. and internationally for over $50 Million Dollars.
- Worked on a various contract disputes including, a complex M&A contract dispute between buyer and seller, commercial contract disputes such as between supplier and buyer, and other business disputes (including disputes between shareholders and between family members).
- Worked on various assets sales and purchases, across multiple industries, including on the sales of automobile dealerships, nursing homes, franchise restaurants, manufacturers/suppliers, yoga studio, and a moving and transport company by drafting and revising various sale documents and performing due diligence.
- Worked on multiple stock purchases of various software companies, including one valued for more than $20 Million Dollars.
- Have worked with many clients to form and draft initial formation documents and agreements for various small to medium size businesses in a variety of industries.
- Have reviewed, drafted, and advised clients regarding various types of contracts, as detailed above.
- Has worked with several agricultural clients, including cooperatives and farm wineries on various agricultural matters, such as cooperative structures and formation and anti-trust matters.
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Vera House “Talk to a lawyer” Clinic