Kate is a business adviser whose legal and business experience enables her to understand how a legal matter relates to the business goals of her clients, to anticipate potential problems and to strategize and implement workable, creative solutions.
Kate’s primary responsibilities are contract drafting and review, including complex contracts. In this area she handles:
- M&A work (letters of intent, asset purchases, stock purchases, ancillary documents, due diligence reviews)
- Operating agreements
- Software agreements
- Supply agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Buy-sell and Shareholder agreements
- Stock redemption and transfer agreements
- Master Services agreements
Kate’s work also includes corporation and limited liability company formation and dissolution; corporate governance (such as drafting of minutes and resolutions); mergers and acquisitions; contract disputes (including drafting of demand letters) performing research; and general business matters and advice.
Honors & Affiliations
- Justinian Honorary Law Society
- Associate Notes Editor, Syracuse Law Review
- New York State Pro Bono Scholar Program
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association
- Lead business associate on a matter where our client purchased multiple companies both in the U.S. and internationally for over $50 million dollars.
- Worked on a various contract disputes including, a complex M&A contract dispute between buyer and seller, commercial contract disputes such as between supplier and buyer, and other business disputes (including disputes between shareholders and between family members).
- Worked on various assets sales and purchases, across multiple industries, including on the sales of automobile dealerships, nursing homes, franchise restaurants, manufacturers/suppliers, yoga studio, and a moving and transport company by drafting and revising various sale documents and performing due diligence.
- Worked on multiple stock purchases of various software companies, including one valued for more than $20 million dollars.
- Have worked with many clients to form and draft initial formation documents and agreements for various small to medium size businesses in a variety of industries.
- Have reviewed, drafted, and advised clients regarding various types of contracts, as detailed above.
- Has worked with cooperatives and farm wineries on various agricultural matters, such as cooperative structures and formation, anti-trust matters, and liquor licensing compliance.
- Pro Bono Volunteer, Vera House “Talk to a lawyer” Clinic