Michael navigates the complex nuances of real estate law that can be quite challenging, even for the most sophisticated client.
His substantial knowledge and broad experience with commercial real estate makes him uniquely qualified to counsel clients in all aspects of their real estate matters, including transactions involving:
- the acquisition, financing, development, leasing and tax deferred exchange of commercial real estate
- real estate titles
- low income housing tax credit transactions
- sophisticated financing transactions, including various loan and grant transactions involving industrial development agencies and/or Federal and State agencies, Michael has counseled and negotiated on behalf of lending institutions, not-for-profit entities and commercial owners.
His practice also involves:
- preparation of condominium offering plans
- environmental and land use regulation matters
- brownfield redevelopment
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2021, Land Use and Zoning Law; Real Estate Law (listed for more than 10 years)
- Best Lawyers Buffalo Land Use and Zoning Law Lawyer of the Year, 2020
- Business First of Buffalo, Who's Who in Law
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Erie County Bar Association, Real Property Committee
- representation of a commercial lender in connection with construction financing for a loan in excess of $57,000,000 for a mixed use hotel, office and parking garage facility which included an EB-5 component.
- representation of a commercial client in the redevelopment of a brownfield site into a multi-story office building including negotiation and counseling with regard to a ground lease and subleases, construction agreement negotiation and financing transaction with an industrial development agency, commercial lender and government grant agreements.
- Quoted in "Upstate rent control set to become an option," The Daily Gazette, June 14, 2019
- Quoted in "Title insurance protects homeowners," Buffalo Law Journal, November 20, 2017
- Pinnacle Community Services, Board Member
- Newman Center at UB Parish, Member
- Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo, Ex-officio Director, 2015-2016
- Niagara Area Foundation, Board Chair, 2015-2016
- Family and Children's Service of Niagara, Inc., Board Chair; E. Marie Davis Volunteer Award, 2013
- Leadership Niagara, Skip Helfrich Lifetime Achievement Award, 2012
- University at Buffalo Law Alumni Association, Board Member, 2011-2014