Peter is co-chair of the firm's commercial lending practice and concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial lending transactions, commercial real estate, general business and corporate matters.
He represents commercial lenders on construction and commercial loans throughout the United States utilizing local counsel when necessary. Peter has long-standing experience representing commercial buyers and sellers in all aspects of real property transactions, including negotiating contracts and title examination.
He has assisted clients in the purchase of Brownfield sites for redevelopment and has experience in obtaining security in conjunction with loans to sovereign Indian nations.
Peter also represents various businesses with environmental issues that affect their businesses and has counseled clients in tax-deferred 1031 exchanges of real property.
Honors & Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association, Real Property Law Section
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Represented lender in loans totaling over $120,000,000 to three different borrowing entities, together with modification and cross-collateralization thereof, for the acquisition of student housing projects in Arizona, Indiana and Idaho.
- Represented administrative agent and lender in a $46,000,000 syndicated construction loan for retail center located on brownfield site in New Jersey. Municipal bonds were also used to finance the project.
- Represented administrative agent and lender in a $25,600,000 syndicated construction loan for a health and wellness center in Ohio constructed on a ground-leased premises and partially financed with bonds.
- Represented administrative agent and lender in a $43,900,000 syndicated construction loan for a student housing project in Virginia.
- Represented administrative agent and lender in a $25,100,000 syndicated construction loan for a multi-family housing project in New York.
- Represented administrative agent and lender in a $26,000,000 syndicated construction loan for a health and wellness center in New York benefitting from a payment in lieu of taxes (PILOT) agreement.
- Represented lender in acquisition/renovations loans totaling over $38,000,000 for eight separate multi-family housing projects in Florida, Georgia, Tennessee and Indiana.
- Represented lender in $25,000,000 construction loan and $70,000,000 refinance and expansion financing, funded with the issuance of tax exempt bonds for a sovereign Indian nation borrower, for project on Indian land.
- Represented lead lender in $130,000,000 syndicated loan to sovereign Indian nation.
- Represented government finance arm of lender in $28,765,000 Direct Placement Bond Purchase to refinance bonds currently held by the lender itself and which had to be moved due to Internal Revenue Code regulations.