Phil is co-chair of the firm's small business practice. He counsels a broad range of companies with a focus on the particular concerns and needs of entrepreneurs, start-ups and family-owned businesses, addressing a broad range of business documents and contract negotiations, mergers and acquisitions, stock purchase agreements, succession issues, employment contracts and non-compete agreements.
In addition, Phil is also an experienced intellectual property counsel for trademarks and copyrights both in the U.S. and abroad. He has years of experience in technology, Internet and software licensing matters as well as social media issues and domain name disputes.
Phil frequently writes articles for and lectures to companies, trade associations and attorneys on issues involving business law, evolving technology matters and intellectual property development and protection.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Business and Corporate
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Protecting Brand Identity Through Trademarks and Copyrights, National Business Institute, November 19, 2014
- Program Chair, Practical Skills – Debt Collection and the Enforcement of Money Judgments, New York State Bar Association CLE Seminar, June 24-26, 2014
- ILL and Copyright: An Update, Central New York Library Resources Council (CLRC) and South Central Regional Library Council (SCRLC), Annual Interlibrary Loan Workshop, June 19, 2014
- International Distributor Agreements, CNY International Business Alliance and CenterState CEO, February 5, 2014
- Board of Trustees, Everson Museum of Art, 2014-2015
- Board of Directors, Syracuse International Film Festival