Dan is a labor and employment law attorney who for more than 37 years has represented management in a wide variety of private and public sector labor and employment law matters. His private sector clients include colleges and universities, as well as manufacturers in a variety of industries, including the paper industry and the automotive parts industry.
In addition, Dan represents health care institutions, including acute care hospitals, nursing homes and home care entities. For these and other private sector clients, he has negotiated labor contracts, handled arbitrations, representation proceedings and unfair labor practice proceedings before the NLRB and in federal court, and defended employment discrimination claims before local, state, and federal anti-discrimination agencies and in state and federal court. Dan also regularly provides counseling and advice concerning union organizing, grievance handling, employment contracts and severance agreements.
Dan regularly conducts in-house training for private and public sector employers on a wide variety of topics including harassment, other employment discrimination subjects, discipline and discharge, and labor arbitration.
Dan is a frequent speaker and has authored articles on labor and employment topics.
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2018, Education Law; Employment Law - Management; Labor Law - Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment (listed for 15 years)
- Best Lawyers’ 2017 Syracuse Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2014 Syracuse Education Law Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers 2013 Syracuse Litigation - Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year
- Martindale-Hubbell®, AV Preeminent Rated
- Top-Rated Lawyer in Labor and Employment Law
- New York Super Lawyers 2017®, Employment and Labor (listed for more than 10 years)
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
- Fellow, College of Labor and Employment Lawyers
- Order of the Coif
- Editor-in-Chief, Syracuse Law Review
- In It to Win It: Effective Case Preparation and Presentation in Labor Arbitration and Insights into Arbitrators’ Decision Making, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution and the Labor and Employment Relations Association, May 26, 2016
- Board of Advisors, Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution, Cornell School of Industrial & Labor Relations
- Guest Lecturer, Cornell School of Industrial & Labor Relations, Dispute Resolution Practicum
- Coach, Cornell School of Industrial & Labor Relations, student mock arbitration competitions
- Former Adjunct Professor, Le Moyne College Industrial Relations Program