Scott is a litigation attorney handling a broad array of business and commercial matters at the trial and appellate levels in both state and federal court.
He routinely represents large corporations, insurers and financial institutions in issues relating to breach of contract, the leasing of heavy construction equipment, non-compete agreements, banking litigation, investor claims and commercial paper disputes. Scott also has experience in toxic tort cases involving silica and benzene, insurance coverage disputes, trust and estate litigation, commercial foreclosures, professional liability, zoning/land use actions, health care subrogation, insurance defense claims and the representation of lenders in adversary bankruptcy proceedings.
- Defended media company in putative class action suit against claims for unpaid wages
- Prosecution of actions to enforce terms of non-compete agreements.
- Representation of construction equipment leasing company with respect to enforcement of lease terms.
- Defense of silica suppliers against claims of silicosis resulting from occupational exposure.
- Assisted equipment leasing company in repossession of equipment from food processing plant.
- Prosecution of commercial foreclosure action.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death case against architectural firm.
- Secured Appellate Court reversal of village zoning board of appeals' denial of variance to builder of apartment complex.
- Defense of financial institution against allegations of improper stock transfer based upon fraudulent endorsement.
- Representation of law firm in declaratory judgment action seeking coverage from professional liability carrier relating to legal malpractice action.