Suzanne is a litigation attorney who handles litigation throughout New York state courts and in federal courts across the country, including multidistrict and class action litigation.
She counsels and represents a wide variety of clients, including individuals, manufacturers, media companies, pharmaceutical companies, insurance companies, financial institutions, municipalities, not-for-profit organizations, small business owners, school districts and universities.
Suzanne's practice also includes representing clients in administrative hearings and resolving disputes through mediation. She has extensive experience arguing appeals in both state and federal court. Suzanne represents a variety of public and private companies as well as non-profit organizations in complex civil litigation. She handles commercial disputes, breach of contract, product liability, employment discrimination, unfair competition, trade secret and antitrust matters. Her practice also includes complex environmental litigation, encompassing defense of personal injury and property damage claims in multi-plaintiff cases arising from the contamination of soil and groundwater. Suzanne has experience defending personal injury claims based on exposure to hazardous substances in consumer products. She also represents clients in False Claims Act litigation and white collar criminal matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Suzanne clerked for the Honorable Rosemary S. Pooler, of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Defend school districts in IDEA hearings and advise districts on compliance with IDEA and Section 504 regulations
- Obtained summary judgment affirmed by Second Circuit for school district in First Amendment claims by student concerning threatening instant message
Honors & Affiliations
- Listed in:
- New York Super Lawyers 2010®, Environmental Litigation; Antitrust Litigation; Personal Injury Defense: General
- Appointed to New York State Bar Association Committee on Women in the Law; Programming Co-Chair
- Northern District Federal Court Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Association
- Onondaga County Bar Foundation, Board Member
- Central New York Women’s Bar Association, Board Member
- Central New York Business Journal, 2016 Successful Business Women Awards
- Graduate, 2009 Leadership Greater Syracuse
- Mediator, ADR Mandatory Mediation Program, Northern District of New York
- Expert Witnesses in the New York State and Federal Courts, New York State - Federal Judicial Council and Advisory Group Second Circuit Continuing Legal Education Program, October 19, 2018
- Panel Member, NDNY-FCBA CLE, The Disciplined Deposition: Tips for Taking a Deposition in a Federal Court Proceeding, March 31, 2016
- Panel Member, NDNY-FCBA CLE, False Claims Act and Qui Tam Seminar, April 22, 2015
- The False Claims Act – What You Need to Know, Bond In-House Counsel CLE Series, November 18, 2014
- False Claims Act and Qui Tam Enforcement: All Points of View, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, July 15, 2014
- Drafting 101: Complaints and Removal Papers, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, March 18, 2013
- Federal Courts Jurisdiction and Venue Act, Northern District of New York Federal Court Bar Association CLE, August 13, 2012
- Board Member, Syracuse University Law Alumni Association
- Former Board Member, Child Care Solutions, 2007-2012