Thomas is a trial attorney concentrating his practice on general business litigation involving contract disputes, business torts, real estate disputes, and creditor’s rights. He also handles landlord-tenant, employment, personal injury, probate and trust litigation.
Throughout his career, Thomas has represented large insurance carriers, financial institutions, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and individuals. He has litigated over one thousand cases involving contract disputes. Thomas has also handled probate and trust litigation matters involving will contests and alleged breaches of trust. Prior to joining Bond, he represented a number of large insurance companies. Thomas uses this past experience to help clients in personal injury litigation in which individuals have suffered catastrophic injuries.
Separate from litigated matters, Thomas serves individuals who have complaints issued against their professional licenses (e.g. realtors, nurses, doctors, accountants, massage therapists, and chiropractors). He also counsels local government entities on a variety of issues including public records requests and Florida’s Sunshine Law.
Thomas graduated in the top 14% of his law school class at Stetson University College of Law. In law school, he was named to Stetson’s nationally recognized Alternative Dispute Resolution Bard and competed at Stetson’s National Pretrial Competition, the American Bar Association’s Mediation Competition, the American Bar Association’s Interviewing and Counseling Competition, and the Robert R. Mehridge, Jr. National Environment Negotiation Competition.
Recent Representative Experience
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of a government client for a supplier’s breach of contract in failing to deliver two aviation refuelers.
- Represented a large financial institution in a complex commercial foreclosure involving two gas stations. During the proceedings, Thomas convinced the Court to place the business in receivership. Ultimately, the commercial properties were sold post-foreclosure.
- Represented a professional who had a complaint issued against her professional license by the Department of Business Professional Regulation (DPBR).
- Represented an individual whose wages were being garnished, and he convinced the Court to enter an order protecting the individual’s wages from garnishment.
- Represented a large financial institution in multiple post-foreclosure proceedings seeking the deficiency remaining after the sale of the collateral.
- Represented a property management company in multiple commercial eviction actions.