Tracy is the deputy chair of the firm's health care and long-term care practice and co-chair of the firm's cybersecurity and data privacy practice. She concentrates her practice on health care, corporate law, compliance and data privacy and security.
Tracy's clients have the benefit of her experience as outside counsel, former general counsel of a large health system and policy maker in seeking solutions to their business, legal, and strategic goals. She assists health care providers across the continuum of care to tackle the issues presented by the major transition underway in health care delivery, focusing on the legal and strategic challenges posed by new care delivery models - governance, corporate transactions, value-based payment and health care quality, corporate compliance, data privacy, cybersecurity, complex contractual relationships, and federal and state health care reform.
Tracy currently advises three organizations building integrated delivery systems comprised of hundreds of providers as part of the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (DSRIP) in New York State as well as DSRIP participating providers.
Areas of practice include:
- Corporate Law: governance, transactions, reorganization, affiliations
- Corporate Compliance: fraud and abuse laws, policies, effectiveness reviews
- Quality: value-based payment, financial incentives and strategy
- Federal and State Health Reform: new care delivery and reimbursement models
- HIPAA and Cybersecurity
- Ethical issues in medicine.
Major career accomplishments include:
- Serve as outside General Counsel to three large delivery systems, including advice regarding corporate formation and structure, compliance plan and policies, contractual arrangements, value-based payment data, privacy and security, and state health reform
- As General Counsel of a health system comprised of hospitals, nursing homes, home care providers and health plans, oversaw legal and compliance services
- Designed the governance structure for the National Quality Forum which now sets quality measures for all providers across the health care delivery system
- As first Executive Director of the NYS Task Force on Life and the Law, oversaw development of the extant body of NYS law on treatment decisions
- Former Chair, Health Law Section, NYSBA
- Chosen as top health care lawyer, Best Lawyers/US News & World Report.