Tracy is the Deputy Chair of the firm's Health Care and Long-Term Care Practice and Co-Chair of the firm's Cybersecurity and Data Privacy Practice. She concentrates her practice on health care, corporate law, compliance and data privacy and security.
Tracy's clients have the benefit of her experience as outside counsel, former general counsel of a large health system and policy maker in seeking solutions to their business, legal, and strategic goals. She assists health care organizations (health systems, hospitals, long-term care and behavioral health providers, health plans, and other health care entities) to tackle the issues presented by the major transition underway in health care delivery, focusing on the legal and strategic challenges posed by new care delivery models - governance, corporate transactions, value-based payment, population health management, corporate compliance, data privacy, cybersecurity, and complex contractual relationships.
Tracy currently advises three organizations building care coordination and population health management arrangements with hundreds of providers under the Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program (“DSRIP”) in New York State.
Areas of practice include:
- Corporate Law: governance, transactions, reorganization, affiliations
- Corporate Compliance: fraud and abuse laws, policies, effectiveness reviews
- Quality: value-based payment, financial incentives and strategy
- Federal and State Health Reform: new care delivery and reimbursement models
- Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
- Ethical issues in medicine.
Major career accomplishments include:
- Serve as counsel to three lead DSRIP entities on matters ranging from corporate formation and structure to compliance plans and policies, contracts with participating organizations, data privacy and security, population health management and value-based payment; advise participating DSRIP organizations;
- As General Counsel of a health system comprised of hospitals, nursing homes, home care providers and health plans, oversaw legal and compliance services;
- Designed the governance structure for the National Quality Forum which now sets quality measures for all providers across the health care delivery system;
- As first Executive Director of the NYS Task Force on Life and the Law, oversaw development of the extant body of NYS law on treatment decisions; and
- Former Chair, Health Law Section, NYSBA