Zach has a statewide practice focusing on business, estate, tax, succession and transactional planning for closely held and family-owned enterprises. His business practice includes general corporate counsel to both not-for-profit organizations and for-profit businesses, including the following:
- Advising clients on formation, transactions, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions.
- Advising not-for-profit organizations regarding the attainment of tax-exempt status and ongoing compliance with federal and state tax-exempt requirements.
- Drafting and negotiating employment agreements, confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements, and other documents relative to the formation, ownership, operation and management of organizations.
- Drafting and negotiating transactional documents, including shareholders' agreements and asset or stock purchase agreements.
- Managing the sale or acquisition of privately held companies.
- Representing clients before federal and state licensing authorities, including the Alcohol & Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau and the New York State Liquor Authority.
Zach serves as counsel to numerous enterprises throughout New York State. He advises owners and operators of wineries, hard cider producers, breweries and distilleries in all areas of business, estate, licensing/compliance, tax and succession planning. Through this practice, Zach has developed extensive knowledge of the issues confronting alcohol beverage manufacturers and wholesalers.
Zach is a frequent lecturer for professional and civic groups in the area of business law.