An Ounce of Prevention Complimentary Webinar
February 14, 2018
It often has been said that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Nowhere is that more true than in the area of employment law. What an employer does now, before there is an employee lawsuit on the horizon, can provide significant protection against potential liability in the workplace.
The law firm of Bond, Schoeneck & King and Welch Consulting, a nationwide firm of economists focusing on employment law, will present the “ounces” that employers can implement to reduce the likelihood of being held liable for violating employment laws. Bond member Mike Billok, along with Doug Owens, one of Welch Consulting’s senior expert consultants, will address a variety of topics, in this “ounce of prevention” overview, including:
- Pay equity and the 2015 Women’s Equality Act
- “Bona Fide” factors affecting pay disparities
- Effects of prior compensation
- NYSDOL’s proposed “call-in” regulations
- Options for reducing liability under state and federal wage and hour laws
- Analyses that employers can conduct to avoid Equal Pay Act or other discriminatory pay practice claims
- Techniques for proactively capturing and using employment data to minimize potential liability.
This webinar is intended for the invited guests of Bond, Schoeneck & King. Bond reserves the right to deny admission to any registrant.