Hot Topics in Labor Law for Home Care Providers
June 12, 2019
June 13, 2019
Conference Center - 130 East 59th Street
(Near Lexington Avenue)
New York, NY 10022
9 - 9:30 a.m.: Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. - Noon: Program
This Bootcamp brings you an all-star lineup of legal experts from a leading firm – all in one place, all at one time – to discuss a challenging, evolving area of vulnerability and compliance management for your agency: labor laws and regulations.
From a critical new decision by the state’s Court of Appeals on 24-hour/live-in cases to the fine print of regulations governing paid leave, this program will address your biggest questions and compliance needs to curb risk, appropriately fulfill requirements and manage your workforce in the face of new legal requirements.
Individual content experts from Bond will examine five specific topic areas, while providing you with the opportunity to ask questions, consider potential scenarios for risk, and gain a wider understanding of major legal considerations with profound implications for your organization.
Topics and Content Experts
- 24-Hour/Live-In Cases and the 13-Hour Standard —The Court of Appeals Ruling and What It Means in Practice - Michael P. Collins
- New York State Paid Family Leave and New York City Paid Sick Leave - Jessica C. Moller
- New York State Sexual Harassment Law and New York City Requirements - Melisa E. Gerecci Meyler
- Current Developments in Immigration Law and the Implications for Health Care Providers - Joanna L. Silver
- U.S. Department of Labor Proposal to Update FLSA’s “Regular Rate” of Pay Regulations for Overtime Calculations and Exclusions - Tyler T. Hendry
Moderated by Tracy E. Miller