The Consequences for Employers Who Fire Foreign Workers
March 8, 2023
By: Kseniya Premo
As a bonus to Bond’s March 7 Business in 2023 webinar, Bond labor and employment attorney Kseniya Premo described the steps employers need to take to legally terminate or lay off foreign workers with H-1B visas, including alerting the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service.
The full Tuesday webinar covered the following topics:
- Public Health Updates
- State and Local Approaches to Solving Housing Shortages
- New York State Amendments to Salary Transparency Law
- Biden Announces End of Public Health Emergency: Employee Benefits Implications
- Immigration Issues to Keep in Mind When Contemplating Layoffs or Reductions in Force
- How Employers Should Be Approaching Severance Packages Right Now
Click here to view the webinar in its entirety, download the presentation slides or to register for upcoming Tuesday presentations.