A business and corporate attorney and co-chair of the firm's mergers and acquisitions practice, Rod advises for-profit and not-for-profit clients on all aspects of corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, including restructurings, takeovers, financings and corporate governance matters.
Clients who value accessibility, fast turn-around and collaborative problem-solving enjoy working with Rod. As a former vice president and general counsel to a multi-national company, Rod understands the client’s perspective and need for responsive service and he delivers that to his clients. Rod is proactive and practical in his work, focusing on the job at hand so his clients can resolve their issues and get on with business.
Recent representative transactions include:
- sale of a regional airline
- sale of a 78-location convenience store/gas station chain
- sale of a community hospital to the State University of New York
- acquisition and restructuring of a professional sports franchise
- sales of not-for-profit, county- owned and privately owned nursing homes
- sale of manufacturing companies to large publicly-traded companies
- acquisition of a for-profit research and development business by a not-for-profit
- closing a $500 million secured-credit facility
- closing complex asset-based loans
- management-led leveraged buyout of a regional propane distributor
- sales and acquisitions of distressed manufacturing companies
Prior to joining Bond, Rod was Vice President and General Counsel of Special Metals Corporation, where he was involved in all aspects of the multi-national manufacturing company, including counseling senior management and members of the Board of Directors; restructuring through Chapter 11; SEC compliance; financing, acquisitions and divestitures; anti-trust; negotiations with customers and suppliers; oversight of litigation; drafting and review of contracts; labor negotiations and employment matters; and ultimately the successful sale of the company to Precision Castparts Corporation.
Rod serves on the governing boards of a manufacturing company and Syracuse Stage, and he recently finished serving a term on the board of a regional airline.