Rod is co-chair of the firm's Mergers and Acquisitions practice. He is a business and corporate attorney who advises for-profit and not-for-profit clients on all aspects of corporate and business law, with a focus on mergers and acquisitions, including restructurings, takeovers, financings and corporate governance matters.
Recent representative transactions include:
- sale of a large community hospital to the SUNY system
- sale of a regional airline
- sale of a county-owned nursing home to a private operator
- acquisition of a professional sports franchise
- sale of manufacturing companies to large publicly-traded companies
- acquisition of a for-profit research and development business by a not-for-profit higher educational institution
- closing a $500 million secured credit facility
- closing complex asset based loans
- management-led leveraged buyout of a regional propane distributor
- sales and acquisitions of distressed manufacturing companies
Rod also has assisted with several hospital and nursing home affiliations and is currently working with multiple Performing Provider Systems in connection with their New York State Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment Program efforts.
Prior to joining Bond, Rod was Vice President and General Counsel of Special Metals Corporation, where he was involved in all aspects of the multi-national manufacturing company, including counseling senior management and members of the Board of Directors; restructuring through Chapter 11; SEC compliance; financing, acquisitions and divestitures; anti-trust; negotiations with customers and suppliers; oversight of litigation; drafting and review of contracts; labor negotiations and employment matters; and ultimately the successful sale of the company to Precision Castparts Corporation.