The Bond Torchbearer Spotlight with Sharon M. Porcellio
November 17, 2021
Torchbearer: A person who leads or inspires others in working toward a valued goal.
The Bond Women’s Initiative is presenting a series of interviews to highlight the careers and successes of the women attorneys of Bond: the Bond Torchbearer Spotlight. The spotlight focuses on women attorneys formerly or currently at Bond in all stages of their careers. The Torchbearer Spotlight showcases the many ways Bond women lead and inspire others in their law practice, private life, community service and/or educational experiences.
Please join us for a short “fireside chat” where we will spotlight our next Torchbearer –
Sharon M. Porcellio.
Sharon has appeared in state and federal courts across the country and has a well-earned reputation for determined and successful representation. Sharon has long been recognized annually as a Super Lawyer, including as an Upstate New York Top 50 Attorney and as a Top 25 Women Upstate New York Super Lawyer; she has also been named in The Best Lawyers in America®, for Litigation - Labor and Employment; and this year the moniker of Lawyer of the Year - Buffalo, Litigation - Labor and Employment was bestowed upon her. While all noteworthy accolades, Bond really considers Sharon a torchbearer for her volunteer work and contributions on behalf of the courts and in the bar association, which includes:
- Commission to Reimagine the Future of New York’s Courts, Member
- New York State Federal Judicial Council, Advisory Group Co-Chair
- Commercial Division Advisory Council to New York State Chief Judge
- E-Discovery Working Group for the New York State Court System
- Co-author of "Achieving Equality for Women in the Courtroom and in ADR"
- Co-author of "Remote Judging Survey: Access and Use of Technology, First Report," written in 2021 by the Technology Working Group of the Commission to Reimagine the Future of New York's Courts of which Sharon is Co-Chair
It is her work in the bar and for the judicial system that will be the focus of this spotlight on Sharon.
Bond women light the way – and we want to applaud and honor those efforts.
Complimentary Zoom Webinar
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
Noon - 12:45 p.m. EST
Sharon M. Porcellio - Member, Buffalo
Stephanie H. Fedorka - Associate, Syracuse
Sponsored by Bond's Women's Initiative