Energy & Environmental Associate Attorney
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC, a full-service law firm of more than 300 attorneys with 16 offices that are located across New York State, as well as in Boston, Kansas City, FL and NJ, is seeking an experienced energy & environmental attorney with 3-6 years’ experience for its growing environmental & energy law practice.
Locations: Albany, Buffalo & Syracuse, NY/Hybrid Work Arrangement Possible
Skills & Educational Requirements:
- Licensed to practice in New York.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school.
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience in all areas of energy and environmental law at a law firm.
- Qualified candidates should have experience handling matters related to federal and State regulations, SEQRA, permitting, environmental remediation and enforcement.
- Experience counseling clients in energy matters, particularly regarding siting before the New York State Public Service Commission (e.g., Article VII) and the Office of Renewable Energy Siting (e.g., 94-C), is preferred.
- Experience with renewable energy projects, including negotiation of power purchase agreements and credit agreements, is desirable.
- Land use and zoning experience is a plus.
- The successful candidate will be a team-oriented, highly motivated individual with a strong academic record who likes working in a team environment, taking initiative and has excellent research, written and verbal communication skills.
- The Associate will assistant the group in handling all aspects of a robust environmental and energy practice, including:
- Review and comment upon client submissions to regulatory agencies, including compliance reports, permit and/or certificate applications, and enforcement documents.
- Performance of due diligence and negotiation of environmental provisions in business and real property transactional (purchase/sale) agreements.
- Negotiation of energy agreements, including renewable leases and energy purchase/sale agreements.
- Extensive involvement in New York State Public Service Commission proceedings under Article VII and/or Office of Renewable Energy Siting proceedings under 94-C.
- Significant client interaction to provide guidance and strategic considerations regarding environmental and energy matters.
Candidates can learn more about our environmental & energy practice here.
Listen to our podcast, Legally Bond.
This is a closed search. Candidate submissions from third-party search firms are not authorized at this time. All inquiries will be kept confidential. The salary range for this role is $110,000 - $150,000 and represents the firm’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC continues to provide all employees and applicants an equal employment opportunity in the manner required by law in all aspects of employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, military status, disability, predisposing genetic characteristics, domestic violence victim status or any other status protected by local, state or federal law. We thank all applicants for their interest and will contact those candidates who are under consideration.
Bond, Schoeneck & King condemns anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, racism, homophobia and bigotry of any kind. Bond remains committed to promoting anti-bigotry and intentional diversity throughout our communities and the legal profession. Civility and respect are cornerstones of the legal profession and our law firm.