The Women’s Initiative of Bond, Schoeneck & King PLLC promotes the professional development of women attorneys throughout our firm. The Initiative also supports programs for business women in the communities where our firm’s offices are located thereby creating opportunities for personal, professional and collaborative growth.
In support of our firm’s commitment to the recruitment, promotion and retention of women attorneys, Bond formally created the Women’s Initiative in 2008 to foster the development of the firm’s women attorneys and women professionals in our community through a variety of internal and external programs.
The Women’s Initiative embraces our firm’s commitment to maintain a welcoming and dynamic environment in which to practice law by providing meaningful opportunities for interaction among our firm’s women attorneys and educational opportunities in the firm:
The Women’s Initiative actively serves the local community through its members’ participation and leadership in various pro bono and charitable projects. Projects include:
- Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York (Albany)
- Legal Aid Bureau of Buffalo (Buffalo)
- Volunteers for Legal Aid: Landlord Tenant Court (Syracuse)
- Vera House Legal Clinic (Syracuse)
- Syracuse Small Claims Court Arbitration
- The Elmwood Elementary School Read Ahead Program (Syracuse)
- Crouse and University Hospitals patient legal clinic (Syracuse)
- Hudson Valley Legal Services (Westchester and NYC)
The Women’s Initiative also strives to provide new and unique opportunities for the personal, professional and collaborative growth of business women in the communities where our firm’s offices are located by sponsoring social events and hosting programs designed to highlight and address legal, social and economic matters of concern for women in business today. To learn more about upcoming and recent events, click the “Events” tab to the right above.